Saturn stations direct on August 25, 2017 after a long period of being retrograde since April 6th 2017.
Saturn is the planet of matter, reality, boundaries and difficulties. It is the planet of patience and reward for our labors. It brings hardships but also bestows wisdom. It recycles the karmic time, bringing us again and again in front of persons or situations, until we do comprehend our lesson and mature.
During the period of Saturn’s retrograde motion, we may have been dealing with issues related to:
- How do we set our limits towards others? Is it that we may not do it, and as a consequence it is us that we take on their responsibilities?
- Are there persons who make us sad with their behavior precisely because we have not make them understand our boundaries and up to where certain things are allowed?
- On the other hand, are we the ones who restrict and oppress others because we may be rigid in our views or very strict?
- Is social and professional recognition so important that we are to be deprived of leisure and joy for their sake?
- Why don’t we relax and let go in the flow of things instead of trying to organize and control everything?
The period where Saturn is retrograde is characteristic for its strong learning and evolutionary influence and part of this process is to also come to grips with our fears. Fear is often experienced as a paralyzed feeling that cancels our every choice and imprisons us emotionally. In reality, our fears are the psychological expression of the limitations we experience in our everyday life.
But if we think about it, these fears are the result of limitations and difficulties that we ourselves have placed upon us, precisely because in the past, we had not dared to set our limits and so other people and situations imposed their own on us, so now we only have few or no other choices at all.
This very awareness is redeeming and part of the inner process of re-defining boundaries and limits towards others, against situations and most importantly in ourselves.
With Saturn’s direct motion, all the previous considerations have been completed and a new period begins in which the above ferments are maturing within us, and we gradually start to practically apply what we have learned.
- We reshape our boundaries towards others.
- We become more confident about ourselves and our aspirations.
- We face any difficulties with more rigor and with greater patience.
- We achieve our goals by working more efficiently and in an organized manner.
- We do not labor or strive and more importantly we do not oppress others if we have in the past.
At the karmic level, the Saturn Rx endoscopic process has accomplished its purpose and our “lesson” has been perceived.
Saturn’s direct motion through Sagittarius, the sign of quest and exploration, teaches us truths and makes us wiser, allowing us to move forward for the next period, until December the 20th, when Saturn will enter the sign of the Capricorn.
In the chart of his station, Saturn makes a harmonious trine aspect to Mars that tells us that it is now the right time to set and move towards our goals, in a mature and steady manner.
The sextile with the Jupiter-Moon conjunction shows that the previous months of our internal re-working and re-definition will have a beneficial effect at the emotional and psychological level.
Finally but most importantly the trine-sextile with the Moon’s Nodes completes ideally the karmic lessons that we have taken and lays the foundations for our further development… Until the next Saturn retrograde.
© Andrew Ifandis-Cosmos of Astrology