Saturn stations direct in Capricorn on September the 6th 2018 after a long period of being retrograde since April 17th 2018. Saturn will remain direct for eight months, and in its direct motion that will last until the 30th of April 2019, it will transit the first two decans of the Sign of Capricorn.
Saturn is the planet of matter, reality, boundaries and difficulties. It is the planet of patience and reward for our labors. It brings hardships but also bestows wisdom. It recycles the karmic time, bringing us again and again in front of persons or situations, until we do comprehend our lesson and mature.
During the period of Saturn’s retrograde motion, we may have been dealing with issues related to:
- How do we set our limits towards others? Is it that we may not do it, and as a consequence it is us that we take on their responsibilities?
- Are there persons who make us sad with their behavior precisely because we have not make them understand our boundaries and up to where certain things are allowed?
- On the other hand, are we the ones who restrict and oppress others because we may be rigid in our views or very strict?
- Is social and professional recognition so important that we are to be deprived of leisure and joy for their sake?
- Why don’t we relax and let go in the flow of things instead of trying to organize and control everything?
The period where Saturn is retrograde is characteristic for its strong learning and evolutionary influence and part of this process is to also come to grips with our fears. Fear is often experienced as a paralyzed feeling that cancels our every choice and imprisons us emotionally. In reality, our fears are the psychological expression of the limitations we experience in our everyday life.
But if we think about it, these fears are the result of limitations and difficulties that we ourselves have placed upon us, precisely because in the past, we had not dared to set our limits and so other people and situations imposed their own on us, so now we only have few or no other choices at all.
This very awareness is redeeming and part of the inner process of re-defining boundaries and limits towards others, against situations and most importantly in ourselves.
With Saturn’s direct motion, all the previous considerations have been completed and a new period begins in which the above ferments are maturing within us, and we gradually start to practically apply what we have learned.
- We reshape our boundaries towards others.
- We become more confident about ourselves and our aspirations.
- We face any difficulties with more rigor and with greater patience.
- We achieve our goals by working more efficiently and in an organized manner.
- We do not labor or strive and more importantly we do not oppress others if we have in the past.
At the karmic level, the Saturn Rx endoscopic process has accomplished its purpose and our “lesson” has been perceived.
Saturn’s direct motion through Capricorn, the sign of patience, work duty and responsibility brings truth and maturation allowing us to move forward for the next period, until April the 30th 2019, when Saturn will turn once more retrograde so us to repeat the lessons.
In the chart of his station, Saturn makes two harmonious trine aspects with Uranus in Taurus and Mercury in Virgo forming a Grand Earth Trine. Having absorbed the lessons of the retrograde motion, now it’s the time to:
- Face our responsibilities (Saturn in Capricorn)
- Allow for gradual change in our live with a responsible manner (Saturn trine Uranus)
- Exploit the wisdom and the lessons learned during the retrograde period (Saturn trine Mercury)
- Combine practical insight with disciplined ambition and make a desired career move (Saturn trine Uranus)
- Understand where can better ourselves, through low toned patience and make this our new strategy (permanent thinking mode) for the next period. (Mercury in Virgo trine Saturn in Capricorn)
SUPPORT COSMOS OF ASTROLOGY
COSMOS OF ASTROLOGY MOVED TO AN UPGRADED HOSTING PACKAGE Cosmos of Astrology site has been upgraded and is now giving you quality astrology combined with speed! Dear readers, this is costly, therefore Cosmos needs your help to continue to provide for you, not only the best content, but also a smooth and fast reading experience. Not there yet. Please make a donation to actively support and show your appreciation! Thank you.
THE IMPORTANCE OF AN ASTROLOGICAL READING
Andrew Ifandis approaches the horoscope as a portrait of a person’s inherent potential. A reading can reveal your natal chart’s dynamics, prepare you for the future and can constructively help you towards awareness, self-realization and externalizing of your most creative.
© Andrew Ifandis-Cosmos of Astrology No part of this article may be used without written consent of the author, unless credit and reference to this website are provided.