The Full Moon takes place at 00°and 52’ of the Gemini Sign. It strongly affects Gemini and Sagittarius Signs and also Pisces and Virgo Signs which are born in the first days, as well as those having personal planets, points or their Ascendant, near the 00° – 02° degrees of the Mutable Cross.
The proximity of the Full Moon to the last degrees of the Fixed Cross affects also Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius persons that are born in the last 2 days of their Sign, or those hose having personal planets, points or their Ascendant, near the 28°-29° degrees of the Fixed Cross.
A Full Moon in Gemini is taking place on the night of the 22nd towards the early morning of November the 23rd.
When the Moon is in Gemini we are expressing of our needs. We feel, we remember and we think, nostalgia and emotions turns into words. We intellectually tune with the emotional self and now it is the proper time for all this heightened emotional sensitivity to be expressed.
With the Sun in Sagittarius opposing the moon in Gemini these needs are highlighted, thoughts are rationalized and become aims and expectations. Expectations of a higher nature, desires of a self that is yearning to learn and be wise.
This is the ideal scenario for a Full Moon in Gemini but unfortunately it is not the case of this Full Moon that takes place within a grid of and planetary energies and aspects that tend to overbalance and over reactions.
First of all the ruler of the Full Moon, Mercury in the Sign of Sagittarius is retrograde. This at its best makes thoughts to turn introspect. We try to find our inner truth and contemplate on matters silently.
At its worst its placement in the Sign of Sagittarius makes us highly opinionated. Judgmental and sticking to doctrine. We think that our truth is the only truth and we tend to express it.
As if this tendency to bluntness was not enough, Jupiter is also conjunct to Mercury retrograde. The mind reels in its inward thinking process, contemplating so many things, strives to assimilate all into an objective truth forming overstatements and exaggerations.
We have to be very careful with what we say and how we say it.
Mercury is also square to Neptune in Pisces.
Judgment is clouded. A foggy mist lingers on the tracks of the unceasing train of thoughts. We cannot think clearly, the mind detaches and loses its objective footholds, sliding to fantasy land, daydreaming.
Under this hazy landscape we ourselves may be the victims of misconceptions or be deceived. We have to be very careful in all matters that require precision of thought and clear judgment and it is better to avoid decisions till later.
Jupiter is also conjunct the Sun and opposing the Moon.
Though the first aspect brings optimism, generosity and enthusiasm the opposition with the Moon, especially now the moon is full, a polarity that highlights our emotional needs, brings overwhelming sentimentality.
Remember that under a full moon emotions are always tense. The Jupiter conjunct Sun enthusiasm in its heart entails an overestimated confidence in ourselves and our abilities, a faith that with this full moon may turn out to be the result of cloudy judgment (Mercury Rx) and may make us not know where to stop.
We have to be careful not to be deceived out of sheer faith in the others good intentions.
We must remember not to over emphasize on our needs and be intolerant to other’s views.
The above scenery becomes more explosive by Mars’s involvement in the Full Moon as the planet of action and energy is making a T-Square with the Two Lights. In addition to this Mars is also square Mercury and square Jupiter.
The planet Mars, when in the Sign of Pisces and not making any harmonious aspects that can channel its energy with creativity or compassion, is expressing in a passive – aggressive way. It may express with non-action, preferring to let things to take their own way.
It is lack of will and indecisiveness towards specific action.
As the apex planet of this T-Square, Mars is gathering the energy of the planets involved in the following aspects:
- Mars square to Moon: We may be oversensitive and easily hurt adopting the role of the martyr. On its assertive way the aspect may bring anger that results from a sense that we are self-righteous.
- Sun square to Mars: We may act impulsively, assert our ego ten times more than necessary fueled by zeal and intolerance. On its passive expression with this aspect we may adopt an impasse “Laissez faire, laissez passer” inertia.
- Mercury square to Mars. Disagreements and confrontations may rise out of us not taking action! Others may interpret our waiting inactivity as something negative. Misjudgements and cloudy thinking may make us angered.
- Mars square to Jupiter: Impulsive actions, carelessness or recklessness due to overconfidence. On its passive expression blunders and waste of energy. Spiritual and philosophical disagreements. Awkward sexuality infused with semi-romanticism and hesitance.
Mars from Pisces squaring the Full Moon is intense emotional charging without a clear outlet. It may bring passive anger that manifests psychosomatically. The only aspect that can somehow clear the ground and bring focus and determination is Mars sextile Saturn.
Unfortunately this Full Moon in Gemini is a perplexed mix of aimless energy and exaggeration.
While it highlights our need to communicate, the very message is something that becomes really difficult to come through within the above landscape where clarity of thought and direction of will is lacking. Boisterous, at the same time we may overestimate ourselves or say words that we better not.
As the song goes “words are meaningless and forgettable” and most probably our attempts to speak or act will only result in misinterpretation and misunderstandings.
It is thus important to remain patient. We better be cautious and avoid verbal conflicts and tensions within this boggy mutable energy.
What we need to do:
- Every effort of communication is useful to be attempted with the detachment that Gemini has, being an air Sign.
- Emotions we want to express or judgements that we make, we should better first examine how realistic they may be.
- We should try to see the other side with the wisdom of Sagittarius.
- Yes we should express our wants and needs, but we are called upon to do this without emotional involvement, objectively and by avoiding preconceptions and doctrines.
- We should carefully decide on course of actions and be on the alert for misjudgments, being deceived, or being lied to by others.
This Full Moon is calling us to accept that there is inner tension and that the better way to handle it is to try and ease our temper, act with moderation instead of exaggeration, rely on patience and self-control and double check our own, as well as others’ words, intentions and promises.
THE IMPORTANCE OF AN ASTROLOGICAL READING
Andrew Ifandis approaches the horoscope as a portrait of a person’s inherent potential. A reading can reveal your natal chart’s dynamics, prepare you for the future and can constructively help you towards awareness, self-realization and externalizing of your most creative.
© Andrew Ifandis-Cosmos of Astrology
No part of this article may be used without written consent of the author, unless credit and reference to this website are provided.